The Let the Yarn Shine sock pattern has been written for the knitter who is brand new to sock knitting. You will need to be comfortable with working knit and purl stitches and k2tog, ssk and p2tog decreases. If you need a refresher on any of these stitches you can take a look at the tutorials page.
Using the pattern and the supporting video tutorials, we will go through every stage of sock knitting step-by-step. There are also lots of photos and handy hints included in the pattern too.
With this pattern and videos you will learn:
- How a top down sock is constructed
- How to choose your materials
- How to use double pointed needles to knit in the round
- How to measure a foot and easily adjust your sock lengths for a perfect fitting sock
- How to cast on and divide your stitches over the double pointed needles
- How to knit a slip stitch heel flap
- How to create a gusset for a snug and comfortable fitting sock
- How to shape the toes
- How to work Kitchener Stitch to finish your socks
- How to block your socks for a smooth and professional finish
For an overview of what you will knitting and for some hints and tips on choosing your materials, take a look at the Introduction to sock knitting video below!