Hello and welcome to Under the Olive Tree Knits. My name is Jem Arrowsmith and I am a knitwear designer and yarn dyer based in the UK.
The concept for Under the Olive Tree Knits was inspired by a beautiful, small Greek island with a relaxed pace of life. This is a haven for you to pick up your needles, take some time for yourself and create something beautiful, stitch by stitch.
New to knitting? Welcome to the start of a magical journey. On this website you will find everything you need to get started, you can find video tutorials to cast on, learn the essential knit and purl stitches, and then go on to develop your skills through a range of patterns.
All the materials and tools you need can be found here, from:
- Pattern PDF's - all patterns have been professionally tech edited and test knit prior to publication
- Colourful, squishy hand-dyed yarns
- Quality knitting products
- Straight-to-the-point video and written tutorials so you can cast on your next project with confidence!
- Take the hassle out of planning your next project by creating your own kit with your choice of yarn and pattern. You can then add any extras such as needles or a small project bag!
- Seen a colour that you would love for your next project? I can work with you to create your very own custom dyed yarn
- Also, why not come and join our friendly Under the Olive Tree Knitters Facebook Group and show us what's on your needles!
Please note that new patterns, yarns and tutorials are being added regularly to this site. Sign up to the Newsletter using the form below to be notified of new additions!
Can't find what you are looking for? Drop me a message via the contact form