'Shades of...' Luxury Shawl Knitting Kits
Shawl Knitting Kits - Shoplivepages::jquery();?>
Looking for the best shawl knitting kit? At Under the Olive Tree you'll find a wide range of shawl knitting kits suitable for all skill levels.
A shawl knitting kit is the ideal choice for your next project as it includes all of the materials you need to start straight away.
With many of the 1 skein shawl knitting projects you can choose your own yarn colourway. You'll also find a range of luxury knitting kits which come with a skein of with merino silk yarn. Or if you like knitting with beads there is a selection of beaded knitting kits which come with a skein of hand-dyed yarn and beads for the project.
If you are looking for a shawl knitting kit for beginners I would recommend any of the following:
- Bring Me Sunshine Shawl Kit - This asymmetric shaped shawl is ideal for beginner lace knitters. Using just yarnover and k2tog stitches to create the lace, each section is worked between markers so you can easily keep count of your stitches. A video tutorial on how to work the ‘yo, k2tog’ stitch combination is linked in the pattern. And there are also some handy hints and tips included that will help you ‘read’ your stitches and stay on track!
- Meet Me at the Station Shawl Kit - This is a crecent shaped shawl which begins with a body of stockinette stitch. The border has a very simple lace pattern which uses just yarnovers and a sl1-k2tog-psso double decrease stitch.
- For a shawl with no lace stitches there is the Easy Street Shawl Kit. This is an asymmetric shaped shawl which uses the wrapped knitting stitch 'long garter stitch', to create longer strands of yarn on some rows. It's really fun to do! There is a video tutorial linked in the pattern on how to work the long garter stitch (or watch it here)
All of the above are great one skein projects and you can choose your favourite colourway from any of the hand-dyed 4ply sock or sparkle yarns on the website.
The knitting kits also make lovely gifts, each one comes in an organza project bag and includes a complimentary stitch marker.
Each shawl kit contains:
- The yarn for the project
- The pattern (via Ravelry, email or print)*
- An organza project bag
- 1 removable marker
- Beads (if it is a beaded project)
In addition you will need**:
- A circular knitting needle in the size specified in the pattern
*Colour printed copies of the pattern are provided for an additional £1.50
One Skein Shawl Knitting Kits