Gazania Shawl - Kit Pre-Orders
The Gazania shawl is a new pattern coming out next week and pre-orders for the kits are now open!
Gazania is a 2 skein shawl which begins with a body of stockinette before growing into a border of flowers stitch-by-stitch. Once the flowers are in full bloom, a leafy lace border completes the shawl.
This shawl also launches a brand new yarn base to the Under the Olive Tree Knits website. Meet Peristera 4ply, a gorgeous base of 55% Bluefaced Leicester Wool and 45% Silk. The laceweight version of this yarn was used in the recently released Featherfall shawl pattern and if you have worked with it before you will know the lustre and the stitch definition that this yarn base has. And it's true of the 4ply weight as well, it really is a delight to knit with, why not give it a try with this shawl?
The Gazania Shawl kit is available in 3 different colour options: Merlot (as per the pattern sample), Royal Blue or Purple Velvet.
More details on the pattern will follow next week but here are the essential details:
Stitches Used – Sl1 wyif, kyok, yo, knit, purl, k2tog, ssk, sl2tog-k1-p2sso
Sizes – One size
Measurements – The finished, blocked shawl has a wingspan of 63” (160cm) and a depth of 18.5” (47cm)
- Yarn A - 440yd / 400m, 3.5 oz / 100g 4ply yarn. The yarn used in the pattern pictures is Under the Olive Tree Knits Peristera 4ply yarn, 55% Bluefaced Leicester wool / 45% Silk in the Merlot colourway
- Yarn B - 440yd / 400m, 3.5 oz / 100g 4ply yarn. The yarn used in the pattern pictures is Under the Olive Tree Knits Peristera 4ply yarn, 55% Bluefaced Leicester wool / 45% Silk in Snow (Undyed)
- US size 5 (3.75mm) 32” (80cm) circular needle
- A tapestry needle for weaving in the ends
Gauge: 23 stitches and 32 rows to 4” (10cm) in stockinette stitch after blocking
The kit for this shawl comes with:
- 2 x 100g skeins of Peristera 4 ply yarn - 55% merino / 45% Silk in a choice of:
- Merlot and Snow
- Royal Blue and Snow
- Purple Velvet and Snow
- 1 pattern (Email, Ravelry or print)
- A flower stitch marker
Kits are presented in organza bags and you can add a 3.75mm needle if you wish - they make great gifts too!
Kits are dyed to order so please allow up to a week for delivery (longer if overseas). Patterns requested via e-mail or Ravelry will be sent once the shawl pattern is released next week.
Until then, happy knitting!
Add a comment: